2 dogs dead after fire breaks out at Hudson Valley SPCA in New Windsor
NEW WINDSOR - Two dogs have died and three were taken to an animal hospital after a fire ripped through a section of the Hudson Valley SPCA in New Windsor.
Officials say the blaze ripped through an extension of the animal shelter on Little Britain Road at around 6 a.m.
About a dozen dogs were in the area that was scorched by the blaze and have since been moved to another part of the building.
Fire officials are investigating what may have sparked the fire. They say it appears to have been accidental.