Candle starts fire at the Avalon on the Sound apartment building in New Rochelle

A candle is being blamed for a fire in New Rochelle overnight. Firefighters responded to a call at the Avalon on the Sound apartment building

NEW ROCHELLE - A candle is being blamed for a fire in New Rochelle overnight.

Firefighters responded to a call at the Avalon on the Sound apartment building on Huguenot Street around 12:30 a.m. today.

Investigators tell News 12 the flames were contained to just one apartment because the building's automatic sprinkler system put the blaze out immediately.

No injuries have been reported.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

1 Jericho girl performs in national tour of 'Annie: The Musical'
Residents met with state officials at a community 2 Residents offer input on state budget at Yonkers forum
A group of GoFundMe contributors and a medical 3 Charitable acts help sick Texas boy get home
Kristina's Korner tracks the 4 Trending: 'Fresh Prince' reboot and Lynard Skynard
VIDEO: United Way of Westchester, Putnam to expand 5 VIDEO: United Way of Westchester, Putnam to expand call center

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE