Candle starts fire at the Avalon on the Sound apartment building in New Rochelle

A candle is being blamed for a fire in New Rochelle overnight. Firefighters responded to a call at the Avalon on the Sound apartment building

NEW ROCHELLE - A candle is being blamed for a fire in New Rochelle overnight.

Firefighters responded to a call at the Avalon on the Sound apartment building on Huguenot Street around 12:30 a.m. today.

Investigators tell News 12 the flames were contained to just one apartment because the building's automatic sprinkler system put the blaze out immediately.

No injuries have been reported.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

VIDEO: Mount Vernon woman sentenced in daughter's killing 1 VIDEO: Mount Vernon woman sentenced in daughter's killing
Kristina's Korner tracks the 2 Trending: "No First Pitch for Trump"
Police say the crash happened at the intersection 3 4 injured in 10 car pileup in Monsey
Police say Calvin Diggs may be responsible for 4 Police: Suspect may have robbed 3 grocery stores
Dasia Bartee is charged with first degree manslaughter 5 Grand jury to hear child death case

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE