Carbon monoxide leak at home on Porach Street in Yonkers sends 4 to Jacobi Medical Center for treatment

A quiet Yonkers neighborhood was turned upside down this morning when emergency crews responded to a gas leak at a home. A call came in

Investigators say the carbon monoxide detector inside the

Investigators say the carbon monoxide detector inside the home was not working.

YONKERS - A quiet Yonkers neighborhood was turned upside down this morning when emergency crews responded to a gas leak at a home.

A call came in just after 4 a.m. that one of the people inside a house on Porach Street in Yonkers was suffering a seizure. Investigators reported finding high levels of carbon monoxide, which was traced to a faulty boiler in the basement. They also say the carbon monoxide detector inside the home was not working.

Neighbors say four residents from the home were taken to Jacobi Medical Center for treatment.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Kristina's Korner tracks the 1 Trending: "Botched Oscars"
A mother and her child were killed in 2 Mount Vernon community mourns loss of young mother, child after fire
Police have identified the mother as Nina Bryant 3 Mother and child killed in Mount Vernon fire
This is the first threat against a Hudson 4 Bomb threat evacuates Tarrytown JCC
Barre originates from ballet, and similarly aims to 5 Ready, Set, Fit: Barre

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE