Carbon monoxide leak at home on Porach Street in Yonkers sends 4 to Jacobi Medical Center for treatment

A quiet Yonkers neighborhood was turned upside down this morning when emergency crews responded to a gas leak at a home. A call came in

Investigators say the carbon monoxide detector inside the

Investigators say the carbon monoxide detector inside the home was not working.

YONKERS - A quiet Yonkers neighborhood was turned upside down this morning when emergency crews responded to a gas leak at a home.

A call came in just after 4 a.m. that one of the people inside a house on Porach Street in Yonkers was suffering a seizure. Investigators reported finding high levels of carbon monoxide, which was traced to a faulty boiler in the basement. They also say the carbon monoxide detector inside the home was not working.

Neighbors say four residents from the home were taken to Jacobi Medical Center for treatment.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

VIDEO: Ossining chase leads to crash, manhunt for 1 VIDEO: Ossining chase leads to crash, manhunt for suspect
A beloved North Rockland cheerleading coach who was 2 Hundreds gather to mourn loss of beloved North Rockland cheer coach
Kristina's Korner tracks the 3 Trending: 'Mick Jagger Baby' and 'Celebrity Apprentice'
They say Ken Smith, who was sick all 4 Mount Vernon police search for missing NYC corrections officer
Police say the chase ended when the suspect 5 Manhunt underway in Ossining after high speed chase

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Kristina Cartwright heads to a fun and different Where Are We On Wednesdays?

Kristina Cartwright heads to a fun and different location in the Hudson Valley!

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE