Crews extinguish fire inside Mount Vernon apartment on North Terrace Avenue

A Mount Vernon apartment went up in flames Tuesday morning at 631 North Terrace Ave. The fire began in a first-floor apartment where the superintendent

The fire began in a first-floor apartment where

The fire began in a first-floor apartment where the superintendent lives. He was not inside when it started, but helped evacuate tenants from the building. (Credit: News 12)

MOUNT VERNON - A Mount Vernon apartment went up in flames Tuesday morning at 631 North Terrace Ave.

The fire began in a first-floor apartment where the superintendent lives. He was not inside when it started, but helped evacuate tenants from the building.

One firefighter was hurt while putting out the flames.

Investigators are searching for what may have sparked the fire.

Firefighters were able to rescue the superintendent's cat.

More on this topic

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

VIDEO: News conference on Chatham helicopter crash 1 VIDEO: News conference on Chatham helicopter crash
Weekend Travel Advisory, 2/24 to 2/26 2 Weekend Travel Advisory, 2/24 to 2/26
Shirley Annita Chisholm was the African-American Congresswoman from 3 Black History Month: Shirley Anita Chisholm
Weekend Travel Advisory, 2/24 to 2/26 4 Weekend Travel Advisory, 2/24 to 2/26
Police are investigating hate graffiti that was found 5 Police: Swastikas, anti-Semitic messages found in New Square

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE