Fire breaks out at home on South Ridge Road in Mamaroneck; caused by sparked microwave

A Mamaroneck couple and their dog are homeless after a fast-moving fire tore through their house. The blaze happened on South Ridge Road at around

It took more than 30 firefighters to get

It took more than 30 firefighters to get the blaze under control. (Credit: News 12)

MAMARONECK - A Mamaroneck couple and their dog are homeless after a fast-moving fire tore through their house.

The blaze happened on South Ridge Road at around 9:30 a.m. Saturday.

Fire officials say the flames burst out after a microwave sparked.

It took more than 30 firefighters to get the blaze under control. It was put out in less than an hour.

The couple was able to get out of the home safely, but a police officer had to rescue the homeowner's dog.

A friend of the couple told News 12 that they are shaken up, and do not want to speak. The friend does however confirm that the family dog is safe.

Nobody was injured in the fire, but the buildings department has deemed the home uninhabitable.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Kristina's Korner tracks the 1 Trending: "Angelina Jolie Eats Spiders"
VIDEO: Yonkers woman arraigned for alleged attempted murder 2 VIDEO: Yonkers woman arraigned for alleged attempted murder
Vote set for tonight on whether or not 3 Vote tonight on plan to allow alcohol sales on Long Beach boardwalk
The 27th Annual Pearl River Train Show is 4 Pearl River Train Show steams forward
Old Westbury women's basketball starts playoffs with 22 5 Old Westbury women's basketball starts playoffs with 22 wins

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE