GOLDEN'S BRIDGE - A fire broke out at the Golden's Bridge Fire Department today, destroying part of the building and some rescue equipment.

The department's commission chairman says he was in the exercise room on the second floor this morning when he smelled smoke. He and the other firefighter inside the firehouse managed to escape just as the fire caused an explosion. 

The flames spread to the garage, where a rescue truck and two SUVs were damaged. One firefighter was taken to the hospital, suffering from smoke inhalation. He's now in stable condition.

The fire was ruled an accident and officials believe it may have been caused by faulty wiring in the building.