MONROE - A fire that destroyed a house in Monroe Tuesday is now being called suspicious by officials.
The fire sparked at around 12:45 p.m. on Seven Springs Road, near the Kiryas Joel border. Firefighters say they were concerned about natural gas because the fire had ignited the house's meter. Orange and Rockland Utility crews cut the pipe underground to turn off the natural gas so the fire could be put out.
A man who claims to rent the home says he had been gone all day, praying at temple.
No official cause has been determined, though News 12 spotted an arson dog being led around the scene Tuesday afternoon.