Flames ignite in illegal kitchen at Monsey apartment

An illegal commercial stove is being blamed for a fire in Monsey today. Firefighters arrived at 92 Park Lane around 11 a.m. to find flames

An illegal commercial stive was fojund in an apartment on Kaufman Court in Monsey.

An illegal commercial stive was fojund in an apartment on Kaufman Court in Monsey. (3/4/14)

MONSEY - An illegal commercial stove is being blamed for a fire in Monsey today.

Firefighters arrived at 92 Park Lane around 11 a.m. to find flames shooting out the window of a second-floor apartment. Crews says they were fortunate to get the flames out quickly.

Fire officials says the building was not zoned for having commercial kitchen equipment inside. They are not sure how the fire started in the stove yet.

Investigators from the Ramapo police, buildings and health departments will all look into the blaze.

No injuries were reported.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Kristina's Korner tracks the 1 Trending: "Angelina Jolie Eats Spiders"
VIDEO: Yonkers woman arraigned for alleged attempted murder 2 VIDEO: Yonkers woman arraigned for alleged attempted murder
Vote set for tonight on whether or not 3 Vote tonight on plan to allow alcohol sales on Long Beach boardwalk
The 27th Annual Pearl River Train Show is 4 Pearl River Train Show steams forward
5 VIDEO: 'Not My President's Day' rally held place in White Plains

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE