Flames ignite in illegal kitchen at Monsey apartment

An illegal commercial stove is being blamed for a fire in Monsey today. Firefighters arrived at 92 Park Lane around 11 a.m. to find flames

An illegal commercial stive was fojund in an apartment on Kaufman Court in Monsey.

An illegal commercial stive was fojund in an apartment on Kaufman Court in Monsey. (3/4/14)

MONSEY - An illegal commercial stove is being blamed for a fire in Monsey today.

Firefighters arrived at 92 Park Lane around 11 a.m. to find flames shooting out the window of a second-floor apartment. Crews says they were fortunate to get the flames out quickly.

Fire officials says the building was not zoned for having commercial kitchen equipment inside. They are not sure how the fire started in the stove yet.

Investigators from the Ramapo police, buildings and health departments will all look into the blaze.

No injuries were reported.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

1 12 on Health: Spike in flu cases
Tips to stay commited to your fitness resolution 2 Tips to stay committed to your fitness resolution
3 Westchester/Hudson Valley Sportscast, Jan. 16
4 VIDEO: Volunteers build new soup kitchen in Hunts Point
Some of the people who attended the Legacy 5 Some fearful Trump presidency will reverse MLK accomplishments

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE