Fire destroys Walker Street building in Walden; leaves 12 people homeless

A dozen people are homeless after a raging

A dozen people are homeless after a raging fire ripped through a Walden mixed-use building. (March 7, 2014 2:06 PM)

A dozen people are homeless after a raging fire ripped through a mixed-use building in Walden.

Fire officials say it started at around 11 p.m. Thursday after a young child accidentally hit a candle off of a table.

The Walker Street building has four apartments and two businesses. In addition to the displaced people, seven dogs and five cats were left homeless by the fire.

The Red...

Content Preview This content is exclusive for Optimum, Time Warner®, Comcast®, customers with access to News 12.

Already registered or an Optimum customer?
Log in
Time Warner®, Comcast® or Service ElectricSM customer?
Create an account
Not a customer?
Subscribe

Comments

advertisement | advertise on News 12

advertisement | advertise on News 12