Fire destroys Walker Street building in Walden; leaves 12 people homeless
WALDEN - A dozen people are homeless after a raging fire ripped through a mixed-use building in Walden.
Fire officials say it started at around 11 p.m. Thursday after a young child accidentally hit a candle off of a table.
The Walker Street building has four apartments and two businesses. In addition to the displaced people, seven dogs and five cats were left homeless by the fire.
Read More: Hudson Valley Top Stories
The Red Cross is assisting the families affected.