Massive fire destroys apartment building in Kiryas Joel

Several families are homeless this morning after a massive fire in Orange County over the weekend. Viewer video captured the flames shooting out from an

Crews say the fire was started by burning candles left unattended on a second-story deck.

Crews say the fire was started by burning candles left unattended on a second-story deck. (10/24/16)

KIRYAS JOEL - Several families are homeless this morning after a massive fire in Orange County over the weekend.

Viewer video captured the flames shooting out from an apartment building on Paksh Place in Kiryas Joel early Sunday morning.

Fire crews say the fire was started by burning candles left unattended on a second-story deck.

Officials say seven families, with 14 adults and 20 children, all got out safely before the blaze gutted much of the multi-family building.

The Red Cross says it’s helping all seven families.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

VIDEO: Chopper 12 over Tappan Zee Bridge construction 1 VIDEO: Chopper 12 over Tappan Zee Bridge construction
Fire officials say the blaze sparked on the 2 Firefighters rescue one person from flames in Monroe
Rue la Rue cafe celebrate the popular TV 3 "Golden Girls" themed café opens in NYC
The police have joined family members and friends 4 Search expands for missing teen with autism
Firefighters were back at a Mount Kisco yeshiva 5 Firefighters battle flare-ups from Friday's Mt. Kisco fire

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE