Officials: Candle sparks fire at Blauvelt home

Fire officials say an unattended candle sparked a fire at a Blauvelt home Sunday night. The fire broke out a couple's house on Pine Glen

Fire officials say an unattended candle started a fire at a home on Pine Glen Drive in Blauvelt.

Fire officials say an unattended candle started a fire at a home on Pine Glen Drive in Blauvelt. (3/2/15)

BLAUVELT - Fire officials say an unattended candle sparked a fire at a Blauvelt home Sunday night.

The fire broke out a couple's house on Pine Glen Drive. Officials say the candle was somehow knocked over, igniting a plastic table.

Police say they had to carry out a woman and her mother-in-law because they were trying to put out the fire themselves.

The flames caused serious damage to the home. The residents will reportedly be displaced for months.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

VIDEO: Chopper 12 over Tappan Zee Bridge construction 1 VIDEO: Chopper 12 over Tappan Zee Bridge construction
Fire officials say the blaze sparked on the 2 Firefighters rescue one person from flames in Monroe
Rue la Rue cafe celebrate the popular TV 3 "Golden Girls" themed café opens in NYC
The police have joined family members and friends 4 Search expands for missing teen with autism
Firefighters were back at a Mount Kisco yeshiva 5 Firefighters battle flare-ups from Friday's Mt. Kisco fire

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE