Officials: Newburgh strip mall fire started in attic

Fire officials believe the fire at the Algonquin Plaza strip mall in Newburgh last week was sparked in the attic above Monell's Camera shop.The camera

NEWBURGH - Fire officials believe the fire at the Algonquin Plaza strip mall in Newburgh last week was sparked in the attic above Monell's Camera shop.

The camera store was among five businesses destroyed in the fire. Half of the strip mall was then torn down Friday after being declared unsafe.

A post office spared from the destruction reopened today.

Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

VIDEO: Chopper 12 over Tappan Zee Bridge construction 1 VIDEO: Chopper 12 over Tappan Zee Bridge construction
Fire officials say the blaze sparked on the 2 Firefighters rescue one person from flames in Monroe
Rue la Rue cafe celebrate the popular TV 3 "Golden Girls" themed café opens in NYC
The police have joined family members and friends 4 Search expands for missing teen with autism
Firefighters were back at a Mount Kisco yeshiva 5 Firefighters battle flare-ups from Friday's Mt. Kisco fire

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Kristina Cartwright heads to a fun and different Check out these cool Hudson Valley spots!

News 12's extensive coverage of the new span, Extended Tappan Zee Bridge Coverage

Check out this week's team. Outstanding local sports teams

OCTOBER 20: A general view of atmosphere at Hudson Valley Travel

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE