Passenger files claim in deadly Metro-North crash

The first legal claim has been filed in connection to last month's deadly Metro-North train crash in Valhalla.

The first legal claim has been filed in connection to last month's deadly Metro-North train crash in Valhalla. (3/6/15)

YONKERS - The first legal claim has been filed in connection to last month's deadly Metro-North train crash in Valhalla.

As News 12 previously reported, five passengers in the first train car and the SUV driver were killed in the collision.

Now, a month later, a passenger on the train, 54-year-old Michael Col-qu-houn says he intends to file a $10 million lawsuit against the railroad, the state and the MTA. Col-qu-houn, who is a Mount Kisco resident, was seated in the third car of the train.

He says the crash left him with shoulder pain, nerve damage and post-traumatic stress.

The MTA has not yet made a comment on this situation.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

News 12 asked residents what they thought about 1 Westchester Talks Trump: First 100 days
News 12 Interactive 2 News 12 Varsity Report for April 28
A Westchester County legislator alleges that another candidate 3 County legislator alleges opponent got physical with her
Extended interview with Greenpoint igloo creators 4 Extended interview with Greenpoint igloo creators
In honor of National Superhero Day, News 12 5 Word on the Street: Superheroes

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE