Yeshiva Tzion Yosef student injured by electrical socket

A 10-year-old boy is in the hospital after nearly being electrocuted at a Rockland yeshiva. Police say a jolt of electricity shot up the sixth-grader's

Yeshiva officials are not releasing his name because

Yeshiva officials are not releasing his name because he is a minor.

SPRING VALLEY - A 10-year-old boy was nearly electrocuted at a Rockland yeshiva.

Police say a jolt of electricity shot up the sixth-grader's arm at the Yeshiva Tzion Yosef on Widman Court Wednesday afternoon after he plugged a hot glue gun into a socket. School administrator Abraham Schmidt says the student was using the glue gun as part of an arts-and-crafts class.

The boy was rushed to Westchester Medical Center with minor burns and an increased heart rate, but he is expected to be OK. The yeshiva is open, but the classroom where the incident happened will remain closed until an electrician can determine that there are no problems with the wiring.

The Spring Valley building inspector says the school is up to code, but Schmidt says there is something wrong with the fuse box.

Yeshiva officials say the student will likely take several days off to rest. They are not releasing his name because he is a minor.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

1 12 on Health: Spike in flu cases
Tips to stay commited to your fitness resolution 2 Tips to stay committed to your fitness resolution
3 Westchester/Hudson Valley Sportscast, Jan. 16
4 VIDEO: Volunteers build new soup kitchen in Hunts Point
Some of the people who attended the Legacy 5 Some fearful Trump presidency will reverse MLK accomplishments

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE