Officials: Girl mistook lighter for flashlight, causing fire on Lunney Court in Spring Valley

They say a 10-year-old girl confused a barbecue

They say a 10-year-old girl confused a barbecue lighter for a flashlight and accidentally set her closet on fire. (August 6, 2014 6:48 PM)

Detectives believe a girl who mistook a lighter for a flashlight caused a fire in Spring Valley that displaced 12 families.

They say a 10-year-old girl confused a barbecue lighter for a flashlight and accidentally set her closet on fire.

"She went into the closet looking for this item and couldn't find it," said Detective Reginald Anderson. "She came back out. She said a few minutes...

Content Preview This content is exclusive for Optimum, Time Warner®, Comcast®, customers with access to News 12.

Already registered or an Optimum customer?
Log in
Time Warner®, Comcast® or Service ElectricSM customer?
Create an account
Not a customer?
Subscribe

Comments

advertisement | advertise on News 12

advertisement | advertise on News 12