Officials: 'Noxious fumes' cause evacuations in Larchmont
LARCHMONT - Officials say that some sort of "noxious fumes" caused an evacuation Wednesday in Larchmont.
The fumes forced the evacuation of residents living in two apartment buildings at about 2 p.m.
Ambulances and other emergency crews responded to the buildings on East Avenue.
Residents told News 12 that they could not smell the gas, but they were experiencing burning eyes, noses and throats.
Residents were allowed back into the buildings at around 5 p.m.
Fire officials believe the gas was coming from the building's basement. Con Edison crews checked for any gas leaks and deemed the building safe.
Tenants say the mysterious fumes filled their hallways, but did not enter any apartments.