Residents displaced, businesses in peril after Chappaqua fire
Related mediaCHAPPAQUA FIRE
CHAPPAQUA - A fire that ripped through a three-story building in Chappaqua Friday has shut down one business and left another in question.
The fire started at 91 Bedford Road just after 1 a.m., where Whispering Pines Flower Shop resides on the first floor. Residents occupy the second and third floors. Seven people, including a small child, were inside the house when the blaze broke out. Everyone got out safely.
Just steps away from the site of the burned and condemned building is Marino’s Salon, a family-owned business.
Franco Marino says because his building and the one that burned down share the same water supply, crews will be digging up his parking lot this weekend to shut that water off. It may not be turned back on for a few days.
"If they shut off the water there, my business is out of business," Marino told News 12.
A spokesperson for the Red Cross says the displaced residents have been placed in a hotel. They will be staying there for a few more days before leaving to stay with family and friends.