Somers resident hospitalized after fire rips through home

A Somers resident has been hospitalized after a fire destroyed his home. Fire officials say the blaze ignited on the first floor and quickly spread

The man in the house was rushed to the Westchester Medical Center.

The man in the house was rushed to the Westchester Medical Center. (2/8/14)

SOMERS - A Somers resident has been hospitalized after a fire destroyed his home.

Fire officials say the blaze ignited on the first floor and quickly spread to the second. The man inside was rushed to the Westchester Medical Center with burns on his hands.

The Somers fire chief told News 12 that the location of the home made it difficult to douse the flames due to the lack of water sources. He said tankers from additional towns had to be called in to help extinguish the fire.

Officials say they do not yet know what sparked the fire. 

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Fire officials say flames broke out in a 1 Fire turns deadly in Peekskill
The driver of a minivan was injured when 2 Driver injured in Valhalla retaining wall crash
Kristina's Korner tracks the 3 Trending: "Dogs Purpose Abuse?"
Trending: 4 Trending: "Madonna" and "Tom Brady Coat"
News 12 was told that nearly all of 5 Nor'easter causes headaches at area airports

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE