Somers resident hospitalized after fire rips through home

A Somers resident has been hospitalized after a fire destroyed his home. Fire officials say the blaze ignited on the first floor and quickly spread

The man in the house was rushed to the Westchester Medical Center.

The man in the house was rushed to the Westchester Medical Center. (2/8/14)

SOMERS - A Somers resident has been hospitalized after a fire destroyed his home.

Fire officials say the blaze ignited on the first floor and quickly spread to the second. The man inside was rushed to the Westchester Medical Center with burns on his hands.

The Somers fire chief told News 12 that the location of the home made it difficult to douse the flames due to the lack of water sources. He said tankers from additional towns had to be called in to help extinguish the fire.

Officials say they do not yet know what sparked the fire. 

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Kristina's Korner tracks the 1 Trending: "Botched Oscars"
A mother and her child were killed in 2 Mount Vernon community mourns loss of young mother, child after fire
Police have identified the mother as Nina Bryant 3 Mother and child killed in Mount Vernon fire
This is the first threat against a Hudson 4 Bomb threat evacuates Tarrytown JCC
Barre originates from ballet, and similarly aims to 5 Ready, Set, Fit: Barre

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE