Space heater blamed for house fire in Mohegan Lake

A faulty space heater is being blamed for a house fire in Mohegan Lake. The fire was discovered at around 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, located off

The fire was discovered at around 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, located off of Regina Road.

The fire was discovered at around 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, located off of Regina Road. (1/22/14)

LAKE MOHEGAN - A faulty space heater is being blamed for a house fire in Mohegan Lake.

The fire was discovered at around 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, located off of Regina Road.

All of the people inside the building were able to escape, but one of them had to break open a window to get out of the building.

Firefighters say that the biggest challenge was the wind and bitter cold temperatures.

Deputy Chief Joe Mayer of the Lake Mohegan Fire Department says space heaters are not inherently dangerous, if they are used properly.
 

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Kristina's Korner tracks the 1 Trending: "Angelina Jolie Eats Spiders"
VIDEO: Yonkers woman arraigned for alleged attempted murder 2 VIDEO: Yonkers woman arraigned for alleged attempted murder
The 27th Annual Pearl River Train Show is 3 Pearl River Train Show steams forward
Vote set for tonight on whether or not 4 Vote tonight on plan to allow alcohol sales on Long Beach boardwalk
VIDEO: Chopper 12 over Tappan Zee Bridge construction 5 VIDEO: Chopper 12 over Tappan Zee Bridge construction

advertisement | advertise on News 12

More News

Deputy Fire Chief Joe Mayer said the blaze Home destroyed by fire in Mohegan Lake

A home in Mohegan Lake was destroyed by a fire Tuesday evening during the snowstorm

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE