Fire engulfs Blooming Grove home leaving family of five homeless

Posted: Updated:

Flames and smoke engulfed a two-story home in Blooming Grove Monday leaving a family of five homeless.The quick-moving afternoon fire gutted the house in the Mountain Lodge Park community. No one was home when the fire broke out, but a neighbor spotted flames and called 911. Four fire departments responded to the blaze. The homeowners were too distraught to talk on camera, but they were clearly upset about the loss of their pets, a dog and two cats that were trapped inside. They also said they suspected a space heater in the living room could have caused the blaze.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."