Home under renovation in New Rochelle goes up in flamesPosted: Updated:
A home that was under renovation in New Rochelle went up in flames Sunday.
Fire officials say the blaze started shortly after 1 p.m. on Wilshire Road. Although no one was in the home when the fire broke out, officials say somehow the electrical panel managed to spark. The basement of the home caved in and a piano fell through the floor.
Officials say the fire does not appear suspicious. The fire was the third one in the city this week.