Pearl River man dies after being electrocutedPosted: Updated:
Strong storms claimed the life of a Pearl River man who died after being electrocuted.
According to police, 45-year-old Michael Shortell was working with a sump pump in his driveway to clear water out of his flooded basement. Police say Shortell stepped in a puddle that had an electrical line running through it and was subsequently electrocuted. Neighbors rushed to Shortell?s aid and cut the power.
Shortell, who worked as an inspector with the NYPD, was taken to Nyack Hospital where he later died. Many neighbors on Forest Avenue feel the town needs to get larger sewer pipes so homes there won?t continue to flood.