Owner of Bay View Club in Haverstraw looks to rebuild after fire destroys eatery

Posted: Updated:

The owner of an eatery on the Haverstraw marina is looking to rebuild after a grease fire destroyed his business.

Flames broke out at the Bay View Club just after 6 p.m. Monday. According to investigators, a grease fire in the restaurant's kitchen was to blame. Owner Tom Scaramellino says when he got the call from one of his workers his heart dropped.

Despite the loss, Scaramellino says he's looking forward to the future and plans to build a new eatery. In a couple of weeks, he will open just a portion of the restaurant to maintain his summer business. Scaramellino plans to have the whole restaurant open by next Memorial Day.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."