Faulty dryer to blame for blaze that left family homeless in Monsey

Posted: Updated:

A family of four is homeless Monday after a load of laundry went up in flames and nearly destroyed their house in Monsey.

The fiery scene unfolded Sunday at a two-story home on Sunrise Drive. Flames quickly spread from the laundry room to the attic.

Firefighters say a faulty dryer was to blame. Fortunately, no injuries were reported and the family is staying with friends in the area.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."