1 firefighter injured in Sparkill house firePosted: Updated:
A fire broke out in the bedroom of a Sparkill home shortly after 10:30 this morning.
It took four fire departments, Sparkill, Tappan, Orangeburg and Piermont, 15 minutes to knock down the flames shooting out of the windows at the Valentine Avenue home.
No one was home when the fire started, and firefighters were able to rescue the homeowner's cat. One firefighter from Piermont suffered a minor injury after his shoulder was cut by glass when a window blew out.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation, but firefighters believe that it started in a rear bedroom of the home.