Police: Nursing home fire in Goshen started by candle

Posted: Updated:

Police say a candle accidentally started a fire inside a room at a Goshen nursing home last night. Nearly 50 firefighters responded to the blaze at the Hearthstone Apartments on Quarry Road. Sources say the flame caught on some drapes before destroying the second-floor room. Firefighters doused the flames, with the help of the sprinkler system. No injuries have been reported.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."