6 rescued from Sloatsburg house firePosted: Updated:
Six people are lucky to be alive after being rescued from a house fire early yesterday morning in Sloatsburg.
Fire officials say the fire started in the kitchen of a multi-family home on Route 17 and spread into all parts of the house.
Neighbor Lu Zaro rushed from across the street with a ladder and used it to rescue a 12-year-old girl inside. A police officer then arrived and rescued five other people from the second floor.
Two people were taken to the hospital for treatment, but their conditions are not yet known.
Investigators have determined the fire was due to cooking oil that was left on a stove.