Emergency workers warn of bee stings

Posted: Updated:

Local paramedics are warning residents to be careful outdoors after one man was nearly killed by a bee sting.

Emergency workers say 41-year-old Greg Norstrom was stung outside his West Nyack home yesterday and went into anaphylactic shock. He was later rushed to Nyack Hospital for treatment.

Experts say while a bee sting may not seem like a big deal, they can actually be very dangerous. So as the weather gets warmer and the summer months arrive, experts are urging everyone to be careful.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."