Power generators cause CO poisonings in HV

Posted: Updated:

Members of a Middle Hope family were treated Tuesday morning for carbon monoxide poisoning caused by a power generator, fire officials say.

Assistant Middle Hope Fire Chief Michael Corizzo says the generator was hooked up inside an attached garage, with only a small door open, causing all the fumes to fill the house.

The family and their dog managed to escape in time.

Last Saturday, a family in Campbell Hall also suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning caused by a power generator set up in their basement.

Fire officials urge people to hook up a power generator outdoors, allowing carbon monoxide to escape. They also say a professional should install it.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."