Police respond to carbon monoxide incident

Posted: Updated:

Police officers and firefighters from both New York and New Jersey responded to a carbon monoxide incident Friday just over the Rockland County border.

Cops rushed to the Semino Road home in New Jersey and discovered suspicious odor emanating from the house. The residence was evacuated and a mother and her three children were rushed to a hospital.

Northvale Police Department Chief Vincent St. Angelo says the four appeared lethargic at first, but their condition improved once they were taken out of the house and given oxygen. The family is listed in stable condition.

Officials believe the carbon monoxide leak was caused by a faulty furnace.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."