Newburgh home overcome by carbon monoxide

Posted: Updated:

Authorities say three people were taken to the hospital after being overcome by carbon monoxide poisoning in their Newburgh home.

The fire department was notified after Emanuel Ovalle, who says he hadn't seen his parents in two days, broke in through a window Friday. He says he found his mother, father and brother passed out.

All three family members were taken to Jacobi Medical Center in the Bronx. Ovalle says his brother is now doing fine, but his parents are both still in critical condition.

To watch an extended interview about the carbon monoxide leak in Newburgh, go to channel 612 on your iO digital cable box and select iO Extra.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."