Ramapo yeshiva in hot water over violations

Posted: Updated:

A slew of violations have been discovered at a Ramapo yeshiva that had been in the news in May over the ritual sacrifice of a cow, officials say.

Last week, Hillburn Fire Chief Kim Weppler says he and his crew responded to a fire alarm at Bobover Yeshiva on Route 306. When they arrived at the scene, they saw that teachers and students hadn't been evacuated.

Further inspection revealed a classroom located in the garage, the bathrooms unsanitary and the kitchen, which was shut down by the health department, still in use.

The owner of the property that houses the yeshiva is due in court Sept. 18.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."