Fire damages Scarsdale home, injures firefighter

Posted: Updated:

A firefighter was injured Friday morning while putting out a blaze at a two-story home in Scarsdale.

The flames broke out inside a second-floor bedroom of the house located on Crane Road. Fire officials say a nanny who was staying there at that time managed to escape unharmed after an automated alarm went off. A passerby then called 911.

Firefighters who arrived at the scene put the blaze out ahead of the snowstorm.

?Fortunately, the fire started before the snow started,? says Scarsdale Fire Chief Thomas Cain. ?The emergency part of the operation over. Now it's a hindrance.?

One firefighter was injured when part of the ceiling collapsed and fell on his head. He also suffered from minor burns and was taken to White Plains Hospital. His injuries do not appear to be life threatening.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."