3-alarm fire guts Blooming Grove commercial garagePosted: Updated:
A three-alarm fire gutted a commercial garage in Blooming Grove Wednesday.
The fire started around 10 a.m. at Greenwood Excavating, a four-car garage storage facility, on Museum Village Road. Officials say an auto mechanic who was renting the space was working on a vehicle inside the garage when a car battery exploded, causing the massive fire.
About 10 fire departments in Orange County responded to the scene. Water was pumped from nearby portable tanks to fight the flames. Haz-mat was called in to prevent roofing tar that had been leaking from barrels inside from running into a nearby stream.
Fire officials believe the cause was accidental. There were no injuries reported from the fire. To view footage of the fire, go to channel 612 on your iO digital cable box and click iO Extra.