Good Samaritan saves New Windsor couple from fire

Posted: Updated:

A Good Samaritan helped save a sleeping husband and wife from a house fire in New Windsor Monday.

The fire broke out after 4 a.m. on Beattie Road in the Rock Tavern section of town. Andrew Orlov says he and his wife, Theresa, were awakened by their neighbor yelling at them.

"Our neighbor probably saved our life. If he didn't wake us up, we probably wouldn't get out," Orlov said. The Orlovs want to protect their neighbor's privacy, so they are not revealing his name.

The couple's roof is now crumbled and the home is gutted. The Orlovs also lost their cat in the fire. The incident is under investigation.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."