Four families homeless after fire engulfs Warwick townhouses

Posted: Updated:

Fire tore through a row of townhouses in Warwick Friday, completely destroying two homes and severely damaging two more.

Fire officials say the fire started in the garage of a house on Candlestick Court and quickly spread to the attic. Firefighters say the flames spread from one townhouse to the next. They say the heat from the fire was so intense, it melted the back part of a car parked near the garage. Fire officials say no one was home at the townhouse where the fire begun.

Fire officials say they believe the cause of the fire was electrical, but they are still investigating. Four families were displaced by the fire.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."