Spring Valley man finds cockroach in food at Nanuet Mall

Posted: Updated:

A Spring Valley man was disgusted after discovering a live cockroach in his food while eating a meal at the Nanuet Mall.

John Wilson says he found the roach in a bag of fries that came with a Philly cheese steak meal from Nathan?s at the mall?s food court. When Wilson complained to the manager at Nathan?s, he says they denied it. As a result of Wilson?s complaint, the Rockland County Health Department did conduct an investigation. Health officials say they found between 40 and 50 dead baby cockroaches and hundreds of mouse droppings inside the Blimpies, which closed down two months ago. Blimpies shares a common hallway with Nathan's.

The health department will be sending a letter to the Nanuet Mall requesting the Blimpies be cleaned up. Since the roaches and mouse droppings were not found inside Nathan's they will not receive a violation.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."