Homeowners watch as house burns in New CityPosted: Updated:
The heat and humidity made it a tough battle for firefighters as they tried to save a New City home from burning down.
The homeowners watched helplessly as fire spread from their garage to the house on Chestnut Grove Court. Firefighters say they had a hard time because there was a lot of stuff stored in the garage. Five different departments responded to the fire. Even though firefighters took shifts many became quickly exhausted due to the weather.
No one was injured in the fire. Firefighters say the home wasn?t totally destroyed, but it is heavily damaged. Investigators say a window air conditioner unit malfunctioned and sparked the fire.