Electrical short may have sparked New Rochelle house fire

Posted: Updated:
NEW ROCHELLE -

Fire officials say an electrical short may have triggered a house fire in New Rochelle Saturday. 

Flames broke out at a house on Lawrence Place where a father lives with his daughter. They were not home at the time of the incident. 

News 12 was told that the blaze started outside the home and traveled up the side of the structure. 

The homeowner did eventually arrive on the scene and thanked firefighters for their quick response. 

The damage to the home is not detrimental, News 12 was told. 

The owner tells News 12 that his dog was inside when the fire started, but is OK. The family plans on staying with relatives until they can move back in.
 

sorry to interrupt
your first 5 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 5 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that’s "as local as local news gets."