2 hospitalized after chemical reaction led to hazmat situationPosted: Updated:
Two people are in the hospital after a chemical reaction led to a hazmat situation at a Rockland business.
Hazmat crews were seen stepping inside a building on Route 59 in Hillburn Wednesday.
First responders say a call came in just after 12 p.m. about a strong smell of bleach coming from UNI Industries, a company believed to sell cleaning products.
That odor sent two employees to the hospital.
Both were taken to Good Samaritan Hospital after saying they felt dizzy.
News 12 was told that the vapor also spread to several other businesses next door in the TBS Industrial Complex.
The entire building was evacuated, and members of the Rockland County hazmat team were seen getting sprayed down after finishing inspecting inside.