Gas leak shuts down elementary school

Posted: Updated:
YORKTOWN -

A gas leak shut down a Yorktown elementary school this morning

Fire officials say the entire student body at Crompound Elementary School was sent home because of a propane leak at the school just after 8 a.m. today. No injuries were reported.

School officials say the problem stemmed from a faulty connection on a propane tank outside the school.

They say the connection has been fixed and school will reopen tomorrow. 

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."