Carbon monoxide leak evacuates senior housing complex

Posted: Updated:
MONSEY -

A wing in a senior living complex in Monsey had to be evacuated Tuesday night after a carbon monoxide leak.

Fire officials say it happened just before 8 p.m. at the Fountainview Nursing Home on College Road.

Multiple fire departments and the Rockland County hazmat team arrived on the scene to inspect the damage and residents. No one had dangerous levels of carbon monoxide in their system.

Fire officials believe they have tracked the source of the leak to a super heater for the dish washing system and were working to restart the unit to make sure the problem is solved.

Residents were allowed back inside the building, while carbon monoxide levels are being monitored.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."