Woman in critical condition, several residents homeless after apartment building fire in Mount Hope
MOUNT HOPE - Several people are homeless and a woman is seriously injured after a building fire in Mount Hope.
Firefighters say a fire started in an apartment building at 94 Bull Road Wednesday night.
They say resident Michael Collins heard the fire alarm, realized his neighbor's unit was on fire and managed to rescue her.
Officials say the 26-year-old saved the life of 51-year-old Johann Robert, who is disabled and on oxygen. They say Robert may have accidentally started the fire by smoking while on oxygen.
Rescuers say the fire left six people who lived in the building homeless. Robert has serious internal burns from inhaling heated gas and is in critical condition at a Pennsylvania hospital.