11 ways to keep babies busy during the lockdown
Entertaining a baby during the COVID-19 lockdown, while also working, seems nearly impossible. But there are ways to keep them busy - even if only for a few minutes at a time.
Here are 11 ways to keep your baby busy:
1. Developmental toys can keep babies busy but also help them learn.
2. Create an activity center to give the baby a lot of options.
3. Sit them down to watch an educational show.
4. Read them some books.
5. Listen to or watch a story time. Click here for News 12's Elisa DiStefano story time!
6. Turn on the music and start a dance party. Or start your own band with some pots and wooden spoons!
7. Go on a run or walk with your children.
8. If you have a backyard, let them run wild!
9. Grow an outdoor or indoor garden. Click here for some ideas and how to get started!
10. Fill their life with color! Coloring can be soothing for both adults and babies. Click here for a mess-free painting activity. Or you can let them create their art on the sidewalk or driveway with chalk!
11. If your baby has an older sibling - let them entertain each other. This will also help them bond. Here's a list from Scholastic with ideas to entertain a baby and toddler.
See more ideas in the photo gallery below:
Click here for more tips from the HoffPost.