STORM WATCH

Extreme heat continues with scattered storms throughout the weekend

Carbon monoxide scare prompts evacuation of P.S. 43 in Mott Haven

Students and staff at P.S. 43 were evacuated Friday after fire officials found high levels of carbon monoxide in the school's basement. Seven hundred students were taken to three area schools while Con

News 12 Staff

Feb 17, 2006, 5:59 PM

Updated 6,699 days ago

Share:

Students and staff at P.S. 43 were evacuated Friday after fire officials found high levels of carbon monoxide in the school's basement.
Seven hundred students were taken to three area schools while Con Ed and firefighters worked to air out the building. According to a fire chief, the carbon monoxide fumes came from an electrical fire in one of the conduits in the sidewalk outside the school.
No was injured in the incident and students were eventually allowed back into the building. Investigators are still trying to figure out the exact cause of the fire.


More from News 12