Fire destroys camp bathhouse at Harriman State Park

Kids at a camp in Harriman State Park had a close call Wednesday when a fire broke out in a bathhouse.
A counselor from Camp Top of the Pine saw smoke coming from the building, which was a big restroom with showers and stalls. Fortunately, the 125 kids were having breakfast in the dining hall when the fire started at around 8 a.m. Firefighters quickly got the fire under control. They say it could have been worse because a 250-gallon propane tank was right next to the building.
It was the last day for the kids at the two-week camp, who come from low-income homes in New York City. Investigators believe a problem with the water heater started the fire.