Fire forces Palisades family out into the cold

An early morning fire forced a Palisades family out into the cold Friday. Dozens of firefighters battled the flames at 2 Scotty Ave., just off Route 340. Investigators say the homeowner put some wood

News 12 Staff

May 27, 2014, 9:45 PM

Updated 3,650 days ago

Share:

Fire forces Palisades family out into the cold
An early morning fire forced a Palisades family out into the cold Friday.
Dozens of firefighters battled the flames at 2 Scotty Ave., just off Route 340. Investigators say the homeowner put some wood in a stove and left the house while his mother-in-law and 21-year-old son slept inside.
"One of them woke up, heard [a] crackling sound in the house and noticed the fire on the outside of the house," Orangetown Assistant Fire Inspector Douglas Sampath says.
Investigators believe the fire started in the corner of the home near the chimney, but say it's too early to say if the wood stove caused the blaze.
No one was hurt in the fire. However, there is a hole in the roof and one side of the house was torn apart due to the fire damage.


More from News 12