Fire in Montgomery claims life of 73-old-year man

A fire in Montgomery claimed the life of a 73-year-old man Tuesday. According to officials, the fire broke out just before 9 a.m. at a house on Old Maybrook Road. An elderly couple and their adult son lived in the home. The mother and son were able to escape safely, but the father didn't make it out alive despite his son's attempts to save him. Fire officials say the father had recently suffered a stroke and may have become trapped by the flames.The son suffered smoke inhalation and was airlifted to the hospital. Two firefighters were also sent to the hospital for observation. Investigators say the cause of the fire was accidental and believe an overheated extension cord may be to blame.