Gas leak causes house fire in Scarsdale

Two firefighters and two police officers were injured in a house fire caused by a gas leak in Scarsdale Saturday morning. Officials say a sewer line underneath 4 Drake Road sprang a leak, and the house?s

News 12 Staff

May 27, 2014, 9:45 PM

Updated 3,650 days ago

Share:

Gas leak causes house fire in Scarsdale
Two firefighters and two police officers were injured in a house fire caused by a gas leak in Scarsdale Saturday morning.
Officials say a sewer line underneath 4 Drake Road sprang a leak, and the house?s heating system ignited the gas, causing a blaze. The flames spread to the basement before being contained.
After the fire was put out, Con Edison workers surveyed the damage and inspected surrounding homes to ensure there were no other leaks in the area.
"Even though we don't have gas in the house, they came in and checked and made sure we had no issues,? says neighbor Sheri Young.
As a result of the fire, 11 customers were left without gas and traffic was re-routed along Drake Road. The owner of the home where the fire started was taken to White Plains Hospital. His condition is not being released.


More from News 12