HEAT ALERT

Dangerous heat continues today in the Hudson Valley for the first day of summer

Officials warn against using gasoline to ignite indoor fires following incident at Croton-on-Hudson residence

Firefighters traveled to the scene following a report of heavy smoke coming from the chimney.

News 12 Staff

May 19, 2024, 12:04 PM

Updated 32 days ago

Share:

The Croton-on-Hudson Fire Department is reminding residents about the dangers of using gasoline to start indoor fires after crews responded to an incident at a home on Friday.
Firefighters traveled to the scene following a report of heavy smoke coming from the chimney.
Upon arrival, they discovered a fire in the fireplace with a large amount of smoke in and around the residence.
Officials found that the homeowner had used gasoline and paper to light the fire.
Units operated for just over an hour and the flames were extinguished.
The department urges residents to never use highly flammable fuel to light indoor fires.


More from News 12